First, I received a special package in the mail from a giveaway I won at meals & moves... four bags of Nature's Path granola! I am so excited. There is even a chocolatey flavor. I cannot wait for breakfast.
Second, I ran my long run this afternoon. OUTSIDE! The goal was 16-18 miles.
Here are some observations:
- Getting ready to run, I couldn't find my iPod anywhere. (Don't tell my Business Man. I'm hoping it will turn up somewhere.) So, I decided to take my phone with me and listen to Pandora. Which is pretty much the best thing ever. The only down side is that I had to carry my phone. But then! I realized I had facebook access and email access at my fingertips for the whole run. And camera access. Hmmm......
- It was 48*F today! And sunny! And so I wore shorts outside and it was so liberating.
- About 2 miles into the run, I encountered a nice little lady on a scooter. She was driving up behind me (going much faster than me), but then drove right next to me for a good 50 meters or so. Then proceeded to inform me that I was running 6 miles/hour. I kindly thanked her for that nugget of information as she sped off and then thought to myself, "6 mph?! I better be going faster than 6 mph!" Haha... definitely one of the highlights of the run.
|And yes, I proceeded to take a picture of nice little lady on the scooter. Good thing I had my phone! Ha!|
- Long runs go by really fast when you convince one of your running friends to join you for the middle 7 miles. Thanks to Amy for making this run super fun!
- I may have found my new mid-run fuel. I had been eating sports beans, but figured that they were basically candy. So I brought along a stash of Reese's Pieces that I found in my desk at school. Basically the best thing ever. I'm sure that the people driving by watching me pop Reese's Pieces into my mouth while running thought I was a nutcase.
- The run was followed by one of my favorite meals - breakfast for dinner. BFD tonight consisted of cheesy scrambled eggs and lemon poppyseed muffins. Let's just say this pan of muffins had no hope between me & my Business Man. (Let's hope there's no drug testing tomorrow at school... :-o)
|From Annie's Eats... so good.|
- Oh, and stats for the run - 18.3 miles, 2:25:12, 7:56 average. Feeeeeeeeelin' great! Happy running all!