Monday, May 16, 2011

Let's Get it Started

We closed on our house today!!

Yes, that is really our yard!
You know what that means?

Time to let the fun begin... my dad is here to help us out this week!

First task: Get the floors ready to be re-finished.

Where are the wood floors at? They're hiding!
Oh, there they are!


Let me just say, yanking out staples that have been lodged in a floor for 40+ years is super-fun. And it doesn't hurt your knees/back at all. I'm glad we're doing this at the age of 23 and not 63.

Working hard! 
Messy, messy!
As it started getting dark outside, I decided we needed some nourishment. My usual 6 o'clock dinner time had long passed.



Subway it was! I love their Orchard Chicken Salad. I also love the fact that I get to be the "runner girl." Aka gets to leave the house to run to the store for food/supplies and whatever else need to be done. (Sadly not running mile after mile like I wish...)

Alrighty, I'm off to bed to catch some Zzzzzz's before a full day of teaching and more working on the house tomorrow night!! 

4 comments:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

How awesome! Can't wait to see the finished floors.
:)

ambernpayne said...

I was the "runner girl" for my dad and John, too. We totally lived off of Subway for the week we were painting before we moved in! They knew me by name! The 4 of us are more and more alike each day! :D

Running Girl said...

How exciting, and so awesome to find wood floors underneath carpet!

sherri lynn said...

Can't wait to see the transformation and all the work you put into your new house! Keep posting pictures :)

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs