It's that time of year, when everyone is making New Year's resolutions... hmmm... I can't even remember the last time I made one!
I thought about giving up Diet Mountain Dew for about 0.2 seconds, but then realized I could never make it through the school day without my sweet afternoon pick-up. Plus, it's only $1 for a 20-oz. bottle in the teacher's lounge! That price cannot be beat. (I'm constantly stealing change from my Business Man's change stash. He caught me red-handed this morning. I replied, "What's yours is mine sweetie!" with a big ole grin.) Turns out, the pop machine was out of Diet Dew today. Karma... what goes around goes around and around. (Can anybody name that TV quote?)
|My drug of choice.|
So, after some extreme thought and consideration, I have come up with the following list of New Year's resolutions for 2011. Bring it on!
New Year's Resolutions 2011
1. Keep at most 2 tubs of ice cream in the freezer. As some of you might know, I am an ice cream fiend. It is an unusual night if I do not have a bowl of ice cream before bed. Now, when we got back from IL after Christmas, I did a major clean-out of the fridge and freezer. And I found six (6!) half-gallons of ice cream in our freezer. Of course, each of them probably had less than 1 cup of ice cream in it. It's like I just can't commit to finishing off the tub! And I wonder why we have no room in our freezer for real food. Like frozen meat or veggies. Or this. (Aka the best last-minute dinner known to mankind.) So, the plan is at most 2 flavors at a time for now. I must finish a tub before a new one can be purchased.
2. Keep a more organized closet/wardrobe. When it takes you 10 minutes to find a pair of matching socks in the morning, you know something's wrong. I have a tendency to come home from school, and just throw off my nice clothes into a big pile at the bottom of my closet. The thing is, I usually will re-wear dress pants and nice tops without washing. (Is this totally weird?) So, then the bottom of my closet becomes this big black hole of dress clothes. It's even worse on days that I go straight to the gym to run. Then, my clothes get wadded up into a teeny tiny ball in my spike bag. (Yes, I still use my spike bag from college. Gotta feel like I'm still speedy, ya know.) Then, when I get home from the gym, they get thrown in the closet. Or just stay parked by the front door. Either way, they end up wrinkled. So the goal is: Hang up clothes or fold them and put them away when I'm finished wearing them!
3. Running related: I would love to run 2011 miles in 2011. I got pretty close to 2010 in 2010, reaching around 1970 or something. Stupid ITBS affected my knee in December, so I had to cut back on the miles. I'll have to try again. I would love to PR in the half-marathon, but haven't quite decided when I want to embark on another training plan. I need to find a race. I'm also toying with the idea of a full, but with teaching and helping coach track this spring I don't know exactly when that could happen.
|Oh, the good ole' glory days... to be young and speedy again.|
4. Get better at turning off lights. I'm pretty sure that if I was the last person to leave the apartment each morning, our electric bill would cost twice as much. Whenever my Business Man and I get ready to go somewhere, he follows me around like a little puppy dog to make sure all the lights get turned off. I will learn to be a big girl and turn the lights off myself.
5. On a more serious note, I want to strive to be the woman God wants me to be. I want to spend more time in the Word, and show God's love to others, especially my students. A lot of them have not been raised/exposed to God's Word and teachings, and even though I can't explicitly talk about it with them, I can show them that God is real and He loves them through my actions and behavior.
Ta ta for now and cheers to a joyful 2011!